DO DHAM BY HELICOPTER: Same Day Heli-Tour
Flying with expertise, care & love since 1998, we take immense pride in saying that we have touched the hearts of thousands of pilgrims by our hospitality & helicopter services since the past two decades. And now, after years of dedicated services, we are touted as India’s leading helicopter company in pilgrimage tourism.
The DodhamTour – Comprising of the two most popular & sacred shrines in India – Kedarnath ji & Badrinath ji, is one of our most-demanded packages.
Himalayan Heli ensures a seamless & comfortable travel experience, while making this journey as swift as possible for the flyers.
Char Dham Package Itinerary
Dehradun - Badrinath – Kedarnath – Dehradun
ETD from Sahastradhara Helidrome
ETA at Sersi Heli-base
- Passengers willreport at Sahastradhara Helidrome by 0530 Hrs.
- In case flight is getting delayed due to NOTAM/delayed clearances/bad weather etc., we shall convey to the passengers in advance, so that they may report according to the delayed timings at the Helidrome.
- Sersi – Himalayan Heli’s third, and the oldest, own Heli-base in the Chardham sector. We operate the shuttle services for Kedarnath ji shrine from here.
- Passengers might be ferried in different shuttle services flights, in view of the maximum weight carrying capacity of the aircraft at a high-altitude destination such as Kedarnath.
- Approximate time taken for Kedarnath Temple Darshan: 02 hours.
The shuttle services flight Sersi to Kedarnath is apporx. 07 minutes long.
- Once the darshan is done, passengers will beback to Sersi for breakfast
ETD from Sersi Heli-base
ETA at Badrinath Helipad
- On arrival at Badrinath helipad, our team will take the passengers for darshan.
- Approximate time taken for Badrinath Temple Darshan: 01-1.5 Hrs. Passengers will be taken to the temple by car.
- After darshan, passengers will be brought back to Badrinath helipad for their flight to Sahastradhara Helidrome.
ETD from Badrinath Helipad
ETA at Sahastradhara Helidrome
- Estimated time of arrival will be 1230Hrs at Sahastradhara.
- On arrival, our team will be present to receive the passengers.
- VIP Darshans are subject to the orders issued by the temple authorities and State government.
- In view of our helicopters’ weight carrying capacity, Himalayan Heli reserves the right to shuffle passengers between helicopters to manage the right weight for safe flying in the hills. Therefore, passengers travelling together may not be accommodated in the same helicopter flight.
- FIXED FLIGHT TIMINGS: This is a Daily Fixed Departure Helicopter tour, and departure timings of each destination is fixed. However, Himalayan Heli reserves the right to change/postpone the timings of flying one day prior, subject to weather/force majeure reasons.
- REPORTING TIME at Sahastradhara Helidrome: Reporting time will be confirmed by our Dehradun team, in the evening one day prior to the tour.
- Passengers must submit their correct weights at the time of booking.
- BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE: Only one baggage weighing a maximum of 5 kgs is allowed per passenger. And it Is not permitted to carry suitcases or big travel bags in the helicopter.
- Kedarnath shuttle service: Passengers will be ferried to Kedarnath ji in a shuttle services flight. And it is likely that passengers travelling together may not be accommodated in a same flight.
- Any sudden increase in taxes/levy by the State Government or the temple authorities, will be borne by the passengers.
- If online yatra registration will be compulsory, then passengers will have to do the same prior to travel.
- Comfortable clothing such as tracksuits or Kurtas are advised on the tour. As for shoes, one should carry sports or trekking shoes.
- Himalayan Heli has its own crew at all the Dhams. For assistance, they will be with the passengers always.
- Infants below 2 years (Max 12 kg weight)are accommodated free of charge. For verification of age the child, ID proof/birth certificate of the child will be checked.
- Any donations, tips, pitthu, extra porter charges shall be borne by the passengers.
- Network connectivity at Badrinath is poor. BSNL & Jio are the main telecom services, that work in these regions mostly.
- Both temples are located at a high altitude, therefore passengers are advised to carry medication during travel. Also, they are advised to carry warm clothing with them, because during evenings & nights, the temperature can drop drastically.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- COVID TRAVEL GUIDELINES
COVID protocols shall be adhered by the passengers and Himalayan Heli as per the effective mandate of the government. Without adhering to the government guidelines, boarding can be denied to the passengers without refund.
- SEATING CAPACITY
The seating capacity of our helicopteris 06 passengers.
- HELICOPTER WEIGHT LIMITATION
Maximum weight capacity of the helicopter is 450 kg (excluding baggage weight).
Passengers are taken on board depending up on the load and temperature conditions, and the Pilots call will be final. Hence, passengers are required to provide us their exact weights at the time of booking.
Exceedance of helicopter weight carrying capacity, will result in passengers getting deboarded & cancelled for the Heli-tour without any refund.
- OVERWEIGHT CHARGES
Overweight charges are applicable @ INR 1,500/kg.This will be chargeable to passengers weighing above 75 kg. But excess weight will only be calculated on the total excess weight above the total permissible weight of all the group members combined, i.e., permissible weight = 75 Kg x (No. of pax).
Any discrepancy found in the weights of the passengers, which will be chargeable as per the overweight criteria, the same would be collected prior to boarding of flights.
- Depending up on weather/force majeure conditions, Himalayan Heli might cover the Dhams interchangeably. And breakfast/lunch can be arranged at either of the Dhams or Dehradun, depending up on the time of departure from Sahastradhara.
- We advise our passengers to keepone additional day at hand at Dehradun, to avoid inconvenience in case passengers get stuck at any of the destinations due to bad weather or force majeure scenarios.
- BAD WEATHER & FORCE MAJEURE DISCLAIMER
Flying in hills are subject to bad weather, and many Force Majeure factors like delayed Air Traffic Clearances/Permissions, VVIP movements, valley flying by Indian Air Force (NOTAM), sudden occurrence of technical snag in aircraft, illness of flying crew or late reporting of the passengers at the helipads, among others. Therefore, passengers must be prepared to face any eventuality and inconvenience in case of such scenarios.
- AADHAR Card copies are to be shared by all Indian passengers, & passport in case of foreign nationals.
- MEDICAL EMERGENCIES
Himalayan Heli will not be liable for any medical emergency on the ground to the passengers. Therefore, in your own interest, passengers are hereby advised to kindly consult a doctor and get medical check-up done before commencing the yatra. Medical check-up is mainly required if a passenger has any medical ailment or condition.
If Medical evacuation by Helicopter is needed, it will be chargeable @ INR 1,10,000/ Hr plus GST.
- CARRIAGE BY AIR ACT, 1972
The carriage is subject to Himalayan Heli Services regulations relating to the conditions of Non-International Carriage (Passenger and Baggage) framed in accordance with The Carriage by Air Act, 1972 and Notification regarding application of the carriage which is non-international. The liability of the company for damage sustained in the event of the death or wounding of a passenger or any other bodily injury suffered by passenger or by his registered baggage during the course of carriage by air will be governed by the provisions of sections 4,5,6 and the rules contained in the second Schedule of Carriage by Air Act 1972 with certain exceptions, adaptations, modifications, etc as notified in the Govt. of India, Ministry of Civil Aviation Notification and as amended from time to time.
- Himalayan Heli reserves the right to cancel passengers, who are unruly, abusive, intoxicated, sick, mentally unfit or anyone else whom we deem to be unsafe to fly. No refund shall be done to such passenger(s).
- Our Heli-Tours are not available for the following VIP’s:
- Speaker Lok Sabha
- Chairperson Rajya Sabha
- Central Ministers of Cabinet Rank
- C J I Supreme Court
- Governors of State
- Chief Ministers of State
- State Ministers of Cabinet Rank
- SPG Protectees – Z category only.
- PAYMENT TERMS:
- We accept payments via bank transfers, cheques, cash, UPI and card machine.
- The booking is to be done in advance with a deposit of 50% of the total amount. Balance payment will be taken 14 days prior to the date of arrival at Dehradun.
- Passengers will not be permitted to board or commence the tour, unless full & final payment of the tour has been done.
- Payments via credit/debit card machine will incur 2% extra charges.
- RESCHEDULING OF BOOKING
Rescheduling your booking to any future or prior travel date, will be done subject to availability, and on payment of 10% of the total tour cost. This will be permitted only if informed at least 07 days before arrival date.
In case rescheduling is requested less than 07 days prior to the travel date, then the booking would be treated as cancelled, & a fresh booking will be given subject to availability, after the levy of applicable cancellation charges.
- CANCELLATIONS POLICY:
If passengers cancel their booking prior or after commencement of tour, following cancellation charges will be applicable –
- More than 15 days prior to travel date: 30% of total tour cost.
- Between 08 to 15 days prior to travel date: 50% of total tour cost.
- 07 or less days prior to travel date: No Refund.
- No show: No Refund.
- After commencement of tour: No Refund.
- FORCE MAJEURE & BAD WEATHER REFUNDS:
Basis of Refund:
- Tour Cost: Full refund toward the proportionate amount of the cancelled sector as below-
- Cancellation of Complete tour – Full refund, minus INR 15,000 toward the flight preparation charges.
- Only Badrinath ji – INR 3,60,000 (tax inclusive for 06 pax).
Ekdham Badrinath Dham tour cost will be chargeable to the passengers in case only Badri Dham is covered.
- Only Kedarnath ji– INR 3,20,000 (tax inclusive for 06 pax).
Ekdham Kedarnath Dham tour cost will be chargeable to the passengers in case only Kedar Dham is covered.
- Additional Services: Deduction of any additional services provided at any of the Dhams during the tour of the passengers will be deducted over and above the refundable Tour Cost.
- Refund against any unutilized service would not be calculated separately and be added to the refundable amount.
- COVID-19 Case, or any National/State Emergency:
In case passengers test COVID positive before the travel, or the Yatra gets called-off by the government, or any National or State emergency is imposed, there will be no refunds applicable.
However, passengers will be provided a Credit Voucher by Himalayan Heli against the advance paid, which will be valid for one year. It can be utilised against any of our helicopter tours or charter services (for the full amount of the credit voucher), by the passengers or any of their friends/relatives.
- BAD WEATHER & FORCE MAJEURE POLICIES:
- Where bad weather, technical snags, or any force majeure reason beyond Himalayan Heli Services’ control results in the cancellation of the flight or delay, Himalayan Heli Services will not be liable in any way for the cancelled or delayed flight. However, refund will be given to clients as per our refunds policy. Any kind of inconvenience caused because of cancellation of flights is beyond the control of the operator. No compensation or reimbursement for accommodation, transportation, meals, or any other extra travel expenses done by the passengers shall be offered in the event of cancellation of a flight.
- In case tour departure does not take place from Dehradun as per the scheduled departure timing due to above reasons, our team will propose the possible revised itinerary within our package duration, but without any extension of days.
- In case flying does not take place during the entire day, tour will be considered as cancelled & refund as per our policies will be made.
- Booking will not be revalidated to the next day under any circumstance.
- In case the passengers would like to consider taking the tour on the next available date, a fresh booking can be made for the same. Our team will propose the available options to the passengers.
The balance/unutilized amount against previous booking can be adjusted against the fresh booking. And any extra costs that would be accruing, will have to be borne by the passengers.
- In case the tour departs from Dehradun as per schedule but gets disrupted, while the tour is ongoing, our team will propose the possible revised itinerary within the scheduled package duration, but without any extension of timings.
- Any extension, proposed by the passengers, in the package will only be considered at an extra cost and subject to operational viability.
- Additional night halt charges will be payable by the passengers to hotels on direct payment basis when they get stuck for additional nights due to bad weather/force majeure reasons.
- In case of passenger get stuck at Kedarnath top due to bad weather or Force Majeure, the accommodation charges at Kedarnath will borne by the client directly.
- If passengers require extra helicopter flying at the end of their tour, the same will be chargeable at INR 1,10,000/Hr + UCADA royalty & landing charges + GST.
- While passengers are stuck at aDham due to bad weather/force majeure reason,and demands to cancel their tour and return by road, Himalayan Heli shall arrange transportation for them, however, cost for the same will be borne by the passengers on direct payment basis. No refund shall be applicable in this case.
- Any increase in government levies or taxes, after the confirmation of booking, will be extra chargeable to the passengers. Payment against the same will have to be done before the commencement of tour.
Disputes as to legality, interpretation, application or performance of service or any of its terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Delhi Jurisdiction.
- Bookings will be taken, considering there is acceptance of the above-mentioned terms & conditions by the party.